top of page

Frequently Asked Questions.

A lot of people visit the Gateway on a daily basis and we have gathered all the common questions we're asked and compiled the answers on one page.

What is the Gateway?


We’re an independent charity providing a central focus for 25+ local voluntary and statutory organisations and services to come and work together to help people in the local community. We provide a focal point for the voluntary sector, giving access to advice, support, information and opportunities for lifelong learning.


We are also a conference facility with meeting rooms of various sizes available to hire.

Who is based in the Gateway?


We have organisations ranging from council, charity and NHS services. See our Tenants list page for a full list. Contact details are on each tenant page so you can get in touch directly.


When are you open?

Our normal hours are Monday to Friday 9am- 5pm. We don't open on Bank Holidays.


Is the Gateway a Council Service?

We’re an independent charity so not part of the council, but several council services are based here. See our Tenants page.


Can I hire a meeting room?


Absolutely! We have rooms to fit most requirements, from comfy counselling rooms for two people to our conference suite for larger meetings. See our Room Hire page for further details.


To discuss your requirements and availability, you can call or email via our contact button below.

We’re a charity/community group, can we do a display or stall?


We’re more than happy to provide space for displays and stalls, depending on availability and what events are being planned. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.


Can we leave some leaflets with you?

If you would like to display leaflets, please drop them off at reception.


Do you have any office space available?


Check our Office Space page to see what offices are available to hire. You can complete the form on the page for more information or to register your interest.


I need to speak to Citizens Advice. Can I make an appointment?

Citizens Advice don't offer appointments at first point of contact.


You may find what you’re looking for on their website.


The first point of contact is currently advice via telephone or email. Details can be found here


For urgent matters such as food vouchers or bailiffs, speak to our reception.

I’m being evicted, what can I do?


Speak to the council’s homelessness team at Housing Plus as soon as you can.


How can I get on the housing list?


Sign up with Under 1 Roof online. If you’re struggling to do this, Housing Plus can help.


You may also want to speak to individual housing trusts such as Warrington Housing Association or Your Housing.


I’m interested in volunteering, can you help me to find something?


The staff at WVA work with many different organisations in Warrington. They will be happy to help you to find something to suit your skills and interests.


Where can I find careers advice?


If you’re over 19, speak to the National Careers Service. To make an initial enquiry call 0800 100 900 or to book locally directly with an adviser call 0151 600 7841 or 0161 393 3033.


Under 19s can contact the council youth careers team on or call 01925 424900 / 01925 4422 11


Torus also run job clubs across Warrington.

Are there any organisations that can give pensions advice?


Pension Wise give free, impartial pensions advice to anybody over 50 with a UK-based pension.

You can book an appointment online here, or call them on 0800 138 3944.

Do you have computers for public use or any computer classes?


We don’t have any computers for public use. There are computers at some local libraries, check with Livewire to see what’s available.


We also don’t run any computer classes. Torus runs some digital skills sessions and Warrington Disability Partnership have a range of courses.


How can I speak to an advocate?


Both Warrington Speak Up and Healthwatch Warrington are Tenants and can help with different issues. Contact Warrington Speak Up to talk to someone if you feel you struggle to get your voice heard, or Healthwatch Warrington if you need help with an issue regarding the NHS.

How can I pay my council tax / get my blue badge / bus pass


1 Time Square is the ‘one-stop-shop’ for anything council related. You can find them opposite Cineworld in the town centre, or call them on 01925 44 33 22.

Can you help me find a counsellor?

The NHS has a tool on their website to find a therapies service.  You can also contact Talking Matters 01925 401 720, part of the IAPT service.

Where can I get advice on setting up a business?

Warrington Borough Council has some information on business support, including Warrington & Co and Cheshire and Warrington Growth Hub.

How can I report to Trading Standards?

Contact the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 0808 223 1133 or via live chat.  

They can give advice on any consumer issue and help you to get in touch with Trading Standards when necessary.

bottom of page